Saturday 19 September 2009

The right Anastasia Welch!

It's twenty to two in the morning here in England, and I've been like a kid in a sweet shop all evening.
Why?
Because the London parish registers are scanned and up on Ancestry.
Hurrah!!
So for you delight and delectation, having been thwarted once in finding the wrong Anastasia Welch, I can now present the right one.
Or more prescisely her marriage to Michael Fitzhenry
So here goes (drum roll)

Marriages solomnised in the Parish of St Mary's Lambeth in the County of Surrey in the year 1825
Michael Fitz Henry of this parish bachelor
and

Anastasia Welch of this parish spinster
were married in thIs Church by Banns
on the 1st day of November in the One Thousand Eight Hundred and Twenty Five.
By me, Charlton Lane, curate

This marriage was Solemnised between us
Michael FitzHenry
X the mark of Anastasia Welch

In the presence of James Longman Gawler and (this one I can't read but it looks like the surname is Seager)
Here's a scan of the signatures - let me know what you think.


I suppose I'd better go to bed now






Why not subscribe to this blog and get the updates sent to your inbox? Or send us an email about your Fitz(-)henry family links.

No comments:

Post a Comment